THE LONG-AWAITED REDEVELOPMENT OF THE SOUTH BANK WILL MOVE ANOTHER STEP CLOSER WHEN AN OUTLINE PLANNING APPLICATION FOR THE FLETTON QUAYS SITE IS SUBMITTED ON FRIDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER. A public consultation was held during the summer when local residents showed their support for the plans and regeneration of the area. The plans will provide a high quality scheme that will bring new vibrancy and life to the South Bank and make the most of the outstanding views across the river towards the Cathedral. The final proposals reflect comments and suggestions made during the public consultation and include:
- A mixture of restaurants, cafes, leisure, office and retail facilities
- Refurbishment of the existing Grade II listed rail buildings, incorporating them into the scheme so these important heritage assets are brought back to life
- The creation of community spaces which will help to establish a new neighbourhood in this part of the city
- A new and improved network of cycle and pedestrian links that will open up the riverside and provide better connections to the city centre
- A range of apartments which will provide attractive, high quality, bespoke city centre living opportunities for a mixture of people and introduce a new community in the heart of the proposed development
Pram Nayak, Joint Managing Partner of Peterborough Investment Partnership said, “We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who took part in the consultation and are pleased to be taking this next step in making the plans for the site become a reality.” The planning documents can be found on the Fletton Quays website – www.flettonquays.co.uk and on Peterborough City Council’s own planning portal.