Fletton Quays is now at South Bank, an area close to the riverbank in Peterborough.
Fletton Quays is the first site to be brought forward by PIP for redevelopment. The planning application was submitted in September 2015 with outline consent approved in December 2015. The site provides 6.4 hectares of prime riverfront development land located to the south of the city centre between the River Nene and the Peterborough – March railway line.
The site is made up of derelict land and vacant buildings and enjoys a prestigious location on the banks of the River Nene. It has outstanding views of Peterborough Cathedral and is close to the city’s major road and rail connections. It is also a short walk to the city’s main commercial, shopping and recreational areas. The Key Theatre, Peterborough’s professional theatre, is located just across the river. Redevelopment of this neglected quarter will build on the exciting development plans already in place for the city centre and help Peterborough to thrive.
The proposed development will deliver much-needed homes, offices and a new leisure offering on the banks of the River Nene in the centre of Peterborough. The plans include the refurbishment of the existing listed rail buildings and their incorporation into the scheme, providing a link to the heritage of the city while also meeting the community’s future needs.
The approved scheme includes:
Subsequent to the planning application, Peterborough City Council has independently purchased the former mill that is adjacent to the site and the plan is this will be incorporated into the wider regeneration as a provision of a new arts centre.
For more project information, please see the below links:
- Up to 280 high-quality homes
- Up to 166,000 square feet of office space
- Up to 160 bed hotel
- Restaurant, leisure and retail opportunities
- Cycle and pedestrian links along the south bank
- New public spaces offering views across the river towards the cathedral
- A dedicated wildlife area
- The refurbishment of the listed rail sheds
- The demolition of Aqua House at the entrance to the site
- Creation of hundreds of jobs during and post construction
Artist’s Renderings August 2016
Here are the latest artist renderings of the proposed Fletton Quays Development in Peterborough from August 2016.
Artist’s Renderings August 2015
Here are the artist renderings of the proposed Fletton Quays Development in Peterborough, commissioned by Peterborough Investment Partnership, prepared for release for the August 2015 Public Exhibition.
Exhibition Boards August 2015
A downloadable version of the exhibition boards is available here.
PIP undertook extensive consultation with local stakeholders and communities before completing the scheme’s planning application.
- PIP has identified an area close to the South Bank of Peterborough, known as Fletton Quays, for development.
- Projects – Fletton Quays – Artist’s Renderings August 2016
- Below are eight (8) artist renderings of the proposed Fletton Quays Development in Peterborough, UK
- Projects – Fletton Quays – Artist’s Renderings
- Below are six (6) artist renderings of the proposed Fletton Quays Development in Peterborough, UK.
- Projects – Fletton Quays – August 2015 Exhibition Boards
- Download complete August 2015 Exhibition Boards | PDF